Microbirding?!
Fra : Christoph

Dato : 15-01-07 15:13

Hi there!

I do aplogize for writing in English since I don't know any
skandinavian language (perhaps I should learn, just having moved to
northern Germany).

But I felt that a skandinavian ornithologists' group would be the only
one where I could expect an answer (nothing about it on the net in
English, as far as I've seen): so my question is

"What is Microbirding?"

Wouldn't it be a pity if we birders from the south missed something
exciting?!

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Christoph.

Fra : Mogens Poulsen

Dato : 15-01-07 16:08

On 15 Jan 2007 06:13:12 -0800, "Christoph" <christoph.lange@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"What is Microbirding?"

Afaik it's birdwatching in a clearly defined area - such as your city
or residence.
--
mpoulsen@tdcadsl(detteslettes).dk.

Fra : Stig Linander

Dato : 16-01-07 22:50

15 Jan 2007 06:13:12 -0800, Christoph asked ...

> "What is Microbirding?"

Microbirding is - AFAIK - a Swedish invention. There's even a web
site dedicated to the subject: www.microbirding.se - unfortunately,
in Swedish only.

The idea is, instead of wasting your precious time driving from one
end of the country to the other, use that precious time birding in
your local area. Birds are discovered where birders are, and you'll
see more birds that way.

Best regards,

Stig.
--
Stig Linander | Farum - Denmark | http://www.linander.dk/stig/
The Ophiuchan | 55d49'N 12d21'E | mail: "Who am I?" on Home Page