ID help please, ID6
Fra : Beng

Dato : 20-05-06 13:49

Hi.

Are all these pictures Redshank ?

Thanks and Cheers

http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm

//Ben

Fra : Malcolm

Dato : 20-05-06 15:25

In article <Xns97C996AEA299Dxnews88REMOVEyahoose@130.133.1.4>, Beng
<xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> writes
>Hi.
>
>Are all these pictures Redshank ?
>
>Thanks and Cheers
>
>http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm
>
>//Ben

Tried to look, but "The connection has timed out"

--
Malcolm

Fra : Beng

Dato : 20-05-06 15:48

Malcolm <Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> wrote in news:b1EMZNQlaybEFwS7
@indaal.demon.co.uk:

> In article <Xns97C996AEA299Dxnews88REMOVEyahoose@130.133.1.4>, Beng
> <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> writes
>>Hi.
>>
>>Are all these pictures Redshank ?
>>
>>Thanks and Cheers
>>
>>http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm
>>
>>//Ben
>
> Tried to look, but "The connection has timed out"

Please try again, works fine here !

//Ben

Fra : DH

Dato : 20-05-06 15:36

Beng wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Are all these pictures Redshank ?
>
> Thanks and Cheers
>
> http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm
>
> //Ben

The histogram seems to have been stretched to increase the red channel in all pics
showing the legs. Is that correct ? It might be a bit tricky to do the correct ID if
this has happened.

--
Cheers
David Harris

Fra : Beng

Dato : 20-05-06 15:49

DH <nowhere@nohow.com> wrote in

> Beng wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Are all these pictures Redshank ?
>>
>> Thanks and Cheers
>>
>> http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm
>>
>> //Ben
>

> The histogram seems to have been stretched to increase the red channel
> in all pics showing the legs. Is that correct ? It might be a bit
> tricky to do the correct ID if this has happened.

I haven't touch those controls. The pictures are STRAIGHT from the
camera and cropped.

//Ben

Fra : Andy Mabbett

Dato : 20-05-06 22:04

In message <b1EMZNQlaybEFwS7@indaal.demon.co.uk>, Malcolm
<Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> writes
>>http://orre.mine.nu/bird_id/id6/id6.htm

>Tried to look, but "The connection has timed out"

"Page size with images: 2148 kb" might explain it!
--
Andy Mabbett
Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>

Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>

Fra : N/A

Dato : 21-05-06 08:56

Fra : Beng

Dato : 21-05-06 08:56

"Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in

> "Andy Mabbett" <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message
> > In message <b1EMZNQlaybEFwS7@indaal.demon.co.uk>, Malcolm
> > <Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> writes
> >
> >>Tried to look, but "The connection has timed out"
> >
> > "Page size with images: 2148 kb" might explain it!
>
> Yes, it's important to realise that not everyone can access
> broadband yet
> so a good idea to reduce photo size.
> I couldn't get broadband myself until about 18 months ago. My dial
> up was
> so slow that I rarely read any posted links as I could go down the
> garden and do some weeding before it uploaded, which cost a lot at 1p
> minute.
> We need to be mindful of this, please think of people still on
> dial-up and
> make your foties much smaller.
> I think you are still on dial up, Malcolm?
> Beng, get some new batteries for your camera.
>
> Tina

What change would new battry do for the pictures you think ?

Reduce the distance to the birds ?

//Ben

Fra : Christina Websell

Dato : 21-05-06 20:44

"Beng" <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote in message
> "Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> "Andy Mabbett" <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in message
>> > In message <b1EMZNQlaybEFwS7@indaal.demon.co.uk>, Malcolm
>> > <Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> writes

>> > "Page size with images: 2148 kb" might explain it!
>>
>> Yes, it's important to realise that not everyone can access
>> broadband yet
>> so a good idea to reduce photo size.
>> I couldn't get broadband myself until about 18 months ago. My dial
>> up was
>> so slow that I rarely read any posted links as I could go down the
>> garden and do some weeding before it uploaded, which cost a lot at 1p
>> minute.
>> We need to be mindful of this, please think of people still on
>> dial-up and
>> make your foties much smaller.
>> I think you are still on dial up, Malcolm?
>> Beng, get some new batteries for your camera.
>>
>> Tina
>
> What change would new battry do for the pictures you think ?

It would (maybe) make them less blurred.

> Reduce the distance to the birds ?

Of course not. You know that too.

Tina

Fra : Beng

Dato : 22-05-06 07:59

> "Beng" <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote in message
>> "Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in
>>

>>> "Andy Mabbett" <usenet200309@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote in
message

>>> Yes, it's important to realise that not everyone can access
>>> broadband yet
>>> so a good idea to reduce photo size.
>>> I couldn't get broadband myself until about 18 months ago. My
dial
>>> up was
>>> so slow that I rarely read any posted links as I could go down the
>>> garden and do some weeding before it uploaded, which cost a lot at
1p
>>> minute.
>>> We need to be mindful of this, please think of people still on
>>> dial-up and
>>> make your foties much smaller.
>>> I think you are still on dial up, Malcolm?
>>> Beng, get some new batteries for your camera.
>>>
>>> Tina
>>
>> What change would new battry do for the pictures you think ?
>
> It would (maybe) make them less blurred.
>>
>> Reduce the distance to the birds ?
>
> Of course not. You know that too.
>
> Tina

Yes, I know that, I also know that a new battery will NOT make pictures
less blurred..

//Ben

Fra : Christina Websell

Dato : 23-05-06 00:57

"Beng" <xnewsREMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote in message
> "Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> "Beng" <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote in message
>>> "Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in

> message

> dial
> 1p

>>> What change would new battry do for the pictures you think ?
>>
>> It would (maybe) make them less blurred.
>>>
>>> Reduce the distance to the birds ?
>>
>> Of course not. You know that too.
>>
>> Tina
>
> Yes, I know that, I also know that a new battery will NOT make pictures
> less blurred..
>
> //Ben

Strange, it does for me.

Tina

Fra : Doctor J. Frink

Dato : 23-05-06 02:04

On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:56:54 +0100, Christina Websell
<spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Yes, I know that, I also know that a new battery will NOT make pictures
>> less blurred..
>>
>> //Ben
>
>Strange, it does for me.

How?

Frink

--
Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/

Fra : Christina Websell

Dato : 23-05-06 02:26

"Doctor J. Frink" <frink@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:56:54 +0100, Christina Websell
> <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Yes, I know that, I also know that a new battery will NOT make pictures
>>> less blurred..
>>>
>>> //Ben
>>
>>Strange, it does for me.
>
> How?

Haven't a clue how but it always does on my digital camera.

Tina

Fra : boseley

Dato : 23-05-06 11:25

"Christina Websell" <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Doctor J. Frink" <frink@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk> wrote in message

>>>Strange, it does for me.
>>
>> How?
>
> Haven't a clue how but it always does on my digital camera.
>
> Tina

Specs help as well :-0
--
Bob
Between Holmfirth and Wakefield

Fra : Doctor J. Frink

Dato : 24-05-06 12:41

On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:25:59 +0100, Christina Websell
<spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:

>"Doctor J. Frink" <frink@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk> wrote in message

>>>Strange, it does for me.
>>
>> How?
>
>Haven't a clue how but it always does on my digital camera.

Well, the causes of 'blur' are

1) Subject motion
2) camera motion
3) focusing
4) atmospheric effects

Assuming the camera settings (aperture, ISO, focal length) don't change
when you change the battery I don't see how it could affect 1, 2 or 4
unless you have active image stabilisation.

This leaves focusing, which I suppose could possibly be improved by more
power to drive struggling motors.

Anyway, it's not something I've seen or heard of.

Frink

Fra : Christina Websell

Dato : 26-05-06 00:38

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:25:59 +0100, Christina Websell
> <spamfree@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>"Doctor J. Frink" <frink@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk> wrote in message

>>> How?
>>
>>Haven't a clue how but it always does on my digital camera.
>
> Well, the causes of 'blur' are
>
> 1) Subject motion
> 2) camera motion
> 3) focusing
> 4) atmospheric effects
>
> Assuming the camera settings (aperture, ISO, focal length) don't change
> when you change the battery I don't see how it could affect 1, 2 or 4
> unless you have active image stabilisation.
>
> This leaves focusing, which I suppose could possibly be improved by more
> power to drive struggling motors.
>
> Anyway, it's not something I've seen or heard of.

Maybe not, but it works for me every time.

Tina

Fra : Gill

Dato : 21-05-06 12:08

Looks like redshank to me!! Even with any extra red they seem to be
claerly redshank to me! With the addition of something else in a couple
of the last two, greenshank maybe.