ID help, ID 7 with URL
Fra : Beng

Dato : 18-09-05 20:37

Hi.

Which goose might this be ?

My guess = Graylag goose (Anser anser)

Very poor pictures, but the small movie is a little better..
´
http://orre.mine.nu/id/id7/id7.htm

Thanks !

//Ben

Fra : Malcolm

Dato : 18-09-05 22:13

In article <Xns96D5DBE1824DCxnews88REMOVEyahoose@130.133.1.4>, Beng
<xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> writes
>Hi.
>
>Which goose might this be ?
>
>My guess = Graylag goose (Anser anser)
>
>Very poor pictures, but the small movie is a little better..

>http://orre.mine.nu/id/id7/id7.htm
>
>Thanks !

Pinkfoot, see my other reply.

--
Malcolm

Fra : Beng

Dato : 19-09-05 17:53

Hi Malc...

I got this analyze from an experienced wqatcher... translated by me :)

"Yes, it is a Pink-footed goose.

Shortbilled with pink point of bill and also pink legs (pink/red is a
better description).

On the pictures whitout flash one can see the brighter tail (than Bean
goose) and and the brighter back

(extra obvious silvercolour on some feaders). Back: silver in there.
Neck and head deeper chokolate-brown

than Bean.

The light tips on any feader at back and wings indicates young bird.

Huh ?

//Ben