Scaup or Tufted duck ?
Fra : Beng

Dato : 21-08-05 12:06

Hi.

Scaup/Tufted duck is always hard to tell, I think.

I saw these two birds together.. like a pair, but to me it looks
like a male Tufted duck (Aythya fuligula) and
a female Scaup (Aythya marila) ?

What do YOU think ?

http://orre.mine.nu/id/id4/id4.htm

Thanks

//Ben

Fra : Christina Websell

Dato : 31-08-05 19:33

"Beng" <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Scaup/Tufted duck is always hard to tell, I think.
>
> I saw these two birds together.. like a pair, but to me it looks
> like a male Tufted duck (Aythya fuligula) and
> a female Scaup (Aythya marila) ?
>
> What do YOU think ?
>

> http://orre.mine.nu/id/id4/id4.htm
>

> Thanks
>
> //Ben

I think you could be right; or on the other hand, you could be wrong.
Difficult to tell, as you say.

Tina

Fra : Colin Jacobs

Dato : 02-09-05 20:05

Looks like you ar eright altho some F tufties have white bases to the bill
but not this one there is too much. Your ad M could be a tufy Scaup Hybrid

Fra : Gill

Dato : 07-09-05 21:38

or Male tufted in eclipse?