301 redirect in Php
Fra : Webactor

Dato : 25-05-11 10:35

Hi there

I have a small question about 301 redirect
Ex. I would like til make a 301 redirect from a www. to a non-www
domain.

I found out that the code from non-www to www is:
<?php
if (substr(getenv('HTTP_HOST'),0,3) != 'www')
{
header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
header('Location:http://www.'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
}
?>
But what do i do if its the other way around (from www to non-www) ?
HTACCESS IS NOT AN ISSUE !! It has to be in php code.

I Just cant find a way to redirect the other way around
Hope you can help me

You can check your 301 - code here:
http://www.ragepank.com/redirect-check/

C yaaaa - Cheers
kimo

Fra : Karl Erik Christense~

Dato : 25-05-11 19:04

On 25-05-2011 18:34, Webactor wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have a small question about 301 redirect
> Ex. I would like til make a 301 redirect from a www. to a non-www
> domain.
>
> I found out that the code from non-www to www is:
> <?php
> if (substr(getenv('HTTP_HOST'),0,3) != 'www')
> {
> header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
> header('Location:http://www.'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].
> $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
> }
> ?>
> But what do i do if its the other way around (from www to non-www) ?
> HTACCESS IS NOT AN ISSUE !! It has to be in php code.
>
> I Just cant find a way to redirect the other way around
> Hope you can help me
>

> You can check your 301 - code here:
> http://www.ragepank.com/redirect-check/
>

> C yaaaa - Cheers
> kimo

You could take a look at substr_replace:

substr_replace ( $string , $replacement , $start, $length )

substr_replace (getenv'HTTP_HOST' , '' , 1 , 4 )

Karl Erik.

--
http://dmwebdesign.dk - DM i Webdesign
http://ranunkelvej.com/b&o/ - Reparation af B&O Red Line højttalere