Åbning af InDesign CS2
Fra : Erik Andersen

Dato : 12-09-08 09:32

Jeg ved godt, at det kan være på kanten af denne gruppes interesser!
Jeg har problemer med at åbne min nyinstallerede InDesign CS2, så jeg vil
spørge om der er andre der har samme problem og hvordan I evt. har løst det.
Når jeg starter programmet står det og tygger på "Initialiserer
SING-gaiji-systemet" i meget lang tid - til tider op mod en halv time. Har
p.t. ikke fundet en løsning på Adobes gruppe-sider.
Det er ganske uholdbart, så gode råd modtages med stor tak.

Mvh Erik

Fra : Thomas G. Madsen

Dato : 12-09-08 09:40

Erik Andersen skrev:

> "Initialiserer SING-gaiji-systemet" i meget lang tid - til tider
> op mod en halv time. Har p.t. ikke fundet en løsning på Adobes
> gruppe-sider.

Prøv:
<http://groups.google.dk/group/dk.edb.grafik/msg/a76a07ca5d3e0815>

--
Hilsen
Madsen

Fra : Henning Broe

Dato : 12-09-08 13:27

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Henning Broe
Søndersøskolen
Having installed 2 Adobe products I noticed 2 problems:

1)
Adobe CLP InDesign CS2 4.0
Win

During startup, the program freeze at the point where the opening screen
says: "Starting up Service Registry...."
A lot of harddrive activity for 60 sec., then no activity at all. ( Win XP)
Best regards
Henning Broe
henning@tovbroe.dk

Dear Mr. Broe

In order to solve this problem I have a document that has solved this
problem for customers in the past. Please pay attention to solution 1 as
this is the solution that has specifically fixed this problem before.

Med vänliga Hälsningar,

Karim Bouchibane
Adobe Teknisk Support
Tel: 08 5876 9458
Fax: 0031 20 5820875
Email: swedishts@adobe.com

Dokument:
Løsning 1 løste mit problem.
InDesign quits when "Startup service registry" appears on startup screen
(CS-CS2)
Issue
When you start Adobe InDesign and the startup screen displays the text
"Starting up service registry," InDesign quits (Mac OS) or returns one
of the following errors (Windows):
-- "InDesign has detected a problem and needs to close, we're sorry for
the inconvenience."
-- "AppName: indesign.exe, AppVer 4.0.0.421, ModName font: manager.rpln,
ModVersion 4.0.0.421. Offset 0001d9cc."
-- "There was an error 0x4f79d17c referenced at '0x00000014' the memory
could not be read."
Details
If you use InDesign CS2 on Mac OS, the computer's log files contain
statements indicating Font Manager has crashed. (For the complete list
of log statements, see the "Background information" section.)
If you use InDesign CS on Mac OS, you installed an unsupported update to
the operating system.
Solutions
Do one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Activate the Kozuka Mincho Pro and the Times Roman fonts.
(InDesign CS2 only)
1. Activate the Kozuka Mincho Pro (OpenType) font and the Times Roman
face ( Type 1) font by doing one of the following:
-- Enable the fonts in a font management utility (for example, ATM
Deluxe or Extensis Suitcase).
-- Remove the fonts from all sets and known font lists in the font
management utility.
-- Place a copy of the fonts in one of the following folders:
Note: In Windows, the file names for the Times, Roman font are:
tir____.PFB, and tir____.PFM.
Windows: Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Fonts or Program
Files/Adobe/Resource/Font
Mac OS: InDesign [version]/Fonts
2. Start InDesign.
3. (Optional) Deactivate the fonts.
Solution 2: Install the Adobe InDesign CS 3.0.1 April 2005 (CS2
Compatibility Update). (InDesign CS on Mac OS only)
You can download the InDesign CS 3.0.1 April 2005 (CS2 Compatibility
Update) from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads.
Solution 3: Reset the time zone setting. (InDesign CS on Mac OS only)
Change the time zone to any setting except Cardiff, restart the
computer, and then change the time zone back to Cardiff or to the
appropriate time zone for your location.
Solution 4: Re-create the InDesign preference files. (InDesign CS on Mac
OS only)
Re-create the InDesign preference files and then restart InDesign.
1. Quit InDesign CS.
2. Choose File > Find.
3. Type InDesign SavedData in the File Name Contains text box, and then
click Search.
4. Select InDesign SavedData and rename it (for example, to
BackupSavedData).
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the InDesign Defaults file.
6. Start InDesign. InDesign creates new preference files.

Solution 4: Reinstall InDesign with no applications running in the
background. (InDesign CS on Mac OS only)
Remove InDesign and then reinstall it with no applications running in
the background.
1. Move any personal files out of the InDesign folder and its subfolders.
2. Delete the InDesign folder on the hard disk.
3. Choose File > Find.
4. Type InDesign SavedData in the File Name Contains text box, and then
click Search.
5. Select InDesign SavedData and delete it.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the InDesign Defaults file.
7. Press Option+Command+Esc.
8. In the Force Quit Applications dialog box, select an application, and
then click Force Quit. Repeat this step for all applications except the
Finder.
9. Insert the InDesign CD-ROM, and double-click the InDesign CS
installer file in the InDesign folder. Follow the on-screen instructions
to complete the installation.
Background information
InDesign CS-CS2 may not start if Kozuka Mincho Pro and Times Roman fonts
aren't available.
InDesign CS on Mac OS may not start if you install an unsupported
version of system software. (InDesign CS requires Mac OS X v10.2.x.)
InDesign won't start in Mac OS X v10.3 or later if the time zone isn't
set or if it's set to the Cardiff time zone.
If preference files become damaged, InDesign may not start. Re-creating
the InDesign preference files repairs the damage.
Device drivers and software that loads automatically (for example,
screen savers and virus protection utilities) can conflict with the
InDesign installer and result in problems with InDesign. Reinstalling
InDesign with device drivers and startup software disabled prevents
these conflicts.

Fra : Kurt Brixen

Dato : 12-09-08 15:59

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:31:41 +0200, "Erik Andersen"
<erik-andersen@tdcadsl.dk> wrote:

>Jeg ved godt, at det kan være på kanten af denne gruppes interesser!
>Jeg har problemer med at åbne min nyinstallerede InDesign CS2, så jeg vil
>spørge om der er andre der har samme problem og hvordan I evt. har løst det.
>Når jeg starter programmet står det og tygger på "Initialiserer
>SING-gaiji-systemet" i meget lang tid - til tider op mod en halv time. Har
>p.t. ikke fundet en løsning på Adobes gruppe-sider.
>Det er ganske uholdbart, så gode råd modtages med stor tak.

Den korte: Slet eller omdøb SING mappen.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SING

Hvis du ikke skal skrive kinesisk behøver du den ikke.

--

Venlig hilsen
Kurt Brixen

Fra : Erik Andersen

Dato : 12-09-08 21:06

"Erik Andersen" <erik-andersen@tdcadsl.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Jeg ved godt, at det kan være på kanten af denne gruppes interesser!
> Jeg har problemer med at åbne min nyinstallerede InDesign CS2, så jeg vil
> spørge om der er andre der har samme problem og hvordan I evt. har løst
> det.
> Når jeg starter programmet står det og tygger på "Initialiserer
> SING-gaiji-systemet" i meget lang tid - til tider op mod en halv time. Har
> p.t. ikke fundet en løsning på Adobes gruppe-sider.
> Det er ganske uholdbart, så gode råd modtages med stor tak.
>
> Mvh Erik
Tak for hjælpen.
Jeg har omdøbt SING-biblioteket og vups! Så starter det med det samme.
/Erik