TV2 Sputnik
Fra : DenverD

Dato : 22-07-10 07:42

undskyld så meget engelsk...du må svar på dansk:

last time i tried a gratis program at TV2-Sputnik i had video but no
audio, the time before that (with an older version of Novell's
Moonlight) it killed my firefox...this morning as FF opened it
downloaded and installed 12MB of a new version of Moonlight...

there seems to be no progress toward success/happiness: today a random
gratis program didn't kill FF, but it also never actually began to
play...just went to perpetual rotating icon and displayed "Starter
afspilning..."

is anyone able to watch TV-2 using a pure Linux system (as tainted by
Moonlight)??

i'm planning to (eventually) leave the comfort of "just works, mostly"
but out-of-support openSUSE 10.3 for something else....that could be
whatever puts TV-2 to my eyes/ears (BUT is not made in Redmond)..

tak fordi du læser...tusind tak (in advance) hvis du can hjælp mig, lidt.

last: is there a better place for Linux questions (på engelsk) in
Denmark rather than this _unix_ newsgroup?

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (20090817),
KDE 3.5.7 "release 72-11", openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.4-default
#1 SMP i686 athlon

Fra : Tomas Pedersen

Dato : 22-07-10 21:09

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:42:01 +0200, DenverD wrote:

> undskyld så meget engelsk...du må svar på dansk:
>
> last time i tried a gratis program at TV2-Sputnik i had video but no
> audio, the time before that (with an older version of Novell's
> Moonlight) it killed my firefox...this morning as FF opened it
> downloaded and installed 12MB of a new version of Moonlight...
Are you sure you don't mean silverlight?

> there seems to be no progress toward success/happiness: today a random
> gratis program didn't kill FF, but it also never actually began to
> play...just went to perpetual rotating icon and displayed "Starter
> afspilning..."
>
> is anyone able to watch TV-2 using a pure Linux system (as tainted by
> Moonlight)??
You can't watch tv2-sputnik on a linux system. Something to do with linux
not supporting the copy protection.

> i'm planning to (eventually) leave the comfort of "just works, mostly"
> but out-of-support openSUSE 10.3 for something else....that could be
> whatever puts TV-2 to my eyes/ears (BUT is not made in Redmond)..
It should work on a mac.

> tak fordi du læser...tusind tak (in advance) hvis du can hjælp mig,
> lidt.
>
> last: is there a better place for Linux questions (på engelsk) in
> Denmark rather than this _unix_ newsgroup?
Maybe your local linux user group.

Tomas

Fra : Adam Sjøgren

Dato : 22-07-10 21:17

On 22 Jul 2010 20:09:17 GMT, Tomas wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:42:01 +0200, DenverD wrote:

>> downloaded and installed 12MB of a new version of Moonlight...

> Are you sure you don't mean silverlight?

Moonlight er Mono-projektets implementation af Silverlight:

* http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight

Så DenverD mener sandsynligvis Moonlight når han skriver det.

>> last: is there a better place for Linux questions (på engelsk) in
>> Denmark rather than this _unix_ newsgroup?

> Maybe your local linux user group.

dk.edb.system.unix er den rigtige nyhedsgruppe at stille spørgsmål om
Linux (og andre unix-lignende) systemer i.

Mvh.

--
"My internal clock is on Tokyo time." Adam Sjøgren
asjo@koldfront.dk

Fra : Tomas Pedersen

Dato : 22-07-10 21:44

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:17:04 +0200, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> Moonlight er Mono-projektets implementation af Silverlight:
>
> * http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight
>
> Så DenverD mener sandsynligvis Moonlight når han skriver det.
Ok, den kendte jeg ikke, har bare læst lidt af hvad de skriver her:
http://sputnik.tv2.dk/about/faq/

Tomas

Fra : Michael Rasmussen

Dato : 22-07-10 22:04

DenverD <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> wrote:

> is anyone able to watch TV-2 using a pure Linux system (as tainted by
> Moonlight)??

Unfortunately you are out of luck since sputnik has chosen WMV-DRM as
media container which is not supported by Moonlight.

If you want a free choice with IT you have come to the wrong country -
Denmark is an IT department directly placed under Redmond!!!!

> last: is there a better place for Linux questions (på engelsk) in
> Denmark rather than this _unix_ newsgroup?

This is fine by me here most IT interested people in Denmark is
capable of reading and writing in English. An alternative could be
news.sslug.dk (http://www.sslug.dk)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Fra : Henning Præstegaard

Dato : 22-07-10 22:58

Den 22.07.2010 kl. 23:03 skrev Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.org>:

>> last: is there a better place for Linux questions (på engelsk) in
>> Denmark rather than this _unix_ newsgroup?
>>
> This is fine by me here most IT interested people in Denmark is
> capable of reading and writing in English. An alternative could be
> news.sslug.dk (http://www.sslug.dk)

Og man kommer ikke ret langt, i det her hersens Linux, hvis man ikke
læser engelsk

mvh
Henning

Fra : DenverD

Dato : 23-07-10 17:07

Henning Præstegaard wrote:
> Og man kommer ikke ret langt, i det her hersens Linux, hvis man ikke
> læser engelsk

that is the truth!

ok, thanks all...i wasn't aware that a Micro$centric WMV-DRM was
locking me out....i thought it was 'just' $ilverlight....dang!

at least DR1 & 2 are clear and easy...

@Michael, i had figured out that DK is a subsidiary of Redmond..

sigh!

#1 SMP i686 athlon