TDC SMTP
Fra : DenverD

Dato : 31-12-09 10:10

udskyld så meget engelsk....du må svar på dansk..

nothing changed here (that i know of) but within the last month or so
using TDC's ADSL and SMTP i've noticed that outgoing emails and nntp
posting which used to 'go' almost instantly now hang on for several
seconds...sometimes 10 seconds before they finally stop displaying the
progress bar moving and disappear from the GUI (meaning, without an
error message otherwise that all was well)..

what i wanna know is: has anyone else noticed that...i know it is
possible i'm just unaware of something TDC did lately..

or, does anyone know if perhaps there is a Thunderbird setup which
would work more smoothly with there new scheme? currently i use:

195.41.46.251 port 25
in the Security and Authentication setup block i have
checked to "Use name and passoword"

"Use secure connection TLS, if available"
alternatives for that are:
-No
-TLS
-SSL

anyone here manage TDC's postoffice?

oh, and godt nytår!

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (20090817),
KDE 3.5.7 "release 72-11", openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.4-default
#1 SMP i686 athlon

Fra : jos

Dato : 31-12-09 14:03

DenverD wrote:
> udskyld så meget engelsk....du må svar på dansk..
>
> nothing changed here (that i know of) but within the last month or so
> using TDC's ADSL and SMTP i've noticed that outgoing emails and nntp
> posting which used to 'go' almost instantly now hang on for several
> seconds...sometimes 10 seconds before they finally stop displaying the
> progress bar moving and disappear from the GUI (meaning, without an
> error message otherwise that all was well)..
>
> what i wanna know is: has anyone else noticed that...i know it is
> possible i'm just unaware of something TDC did lately..
>
> or, does anyone know if perhaps there is a Thunderbird setup which
> would work more smoothly with there new scheme? currently i use:
>
> 195.41.46.251 port 25
> in the Security and Authentication setup block i have
> checked to "Use name and passoword"
>
> "Use secure connection TLS, if available"
> alternatives for that are:
> -No
> -TLS
> -SSL

Using that server (=smtp.mail.dk) I have NOT checker "Use name ...." and I
have set TLS as "No"

finn

Fra : Kim Ludvigsen

Dato : 31-12-09 14:25

DenverD skrev:

> or, does anyone know if perhaps there is a Thunderbird setup which
> would work more smoothly with there new scheme? currently i use:

The settings for TDC in Thunderbird:
http://wiki.mozilladanmark.dk/wiki/Thunderbird/Kontoindstillinger_for_diverse_udbydere#TDC

--
Mvh. Kim Ludvigsen
Omfattende brugerguide for begyndere om Ubuntu Linux:

Fra : DenverD

Dato : 01-01-10 11:42

Kim Ludvigsen wrote:
> http://wiki.mozilladanmark.dk/wiki/Thunderbird/Kontoindstillinger_for_diverse_udbydere#TDC

seems to have helped, tusind tak Kim..

godt nytår til alle!

#1 SMP i686 athlon

Fra : kaj hansen

Dato : 01-01-10 08:45

"DenverD" <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> skrev i meddelelsen
> udskyld så meget engelsk....du må svar på dansk..
>
> nothing changed here (that i know of) but within the last month
> or so
> using TDC's ADSL and SMTP i've noticed that outgoing emails and
> nntp
> posting which used to 'go' almost instantly now hang on for
> several
> seconds...sometimes 10 seconds before they finally stop
> displaying the
> progress bar moving and disappear from the GUI (meaning,
> without an
> error message otherwise that all was well)..

I have the same the same problem with windows mail
under windows vista, and too if i use thunderbird.

wkr
kaj